MUSCUT – AL HOOTA CAVES – JABEL SHAMS – NIZWA – WAHIBA – SUR – COASTAL ROAD
Arrival at Seeb International airport. Meet and assist and transfer to your Hotel. Overnight at Muscat
DAY 02 : MUSCAT – AL HOOTA CAVES – JABEL SHAMS – NIZWA
After breakfast we travel via Fanjah where we take a photo stop to have a glimpse of an ancient and abandoned village. We pass through the Sumail Gap. On the way enjoy a countryside tour of Birkat Al Mauz Village. Then we reach Nizwa, the old capital of Oman.
From here we make our way to see the geological wonders at Al Hoota Cave, a formation of stalactites and stalagmites are a real beauty. Lunch at restaurant. After lunch we drive to Wadi Ghul and to Wadi- Nakhr. Then we make our way up to the Grand Canyon of Oman near Jebel Shams, the highest altitude in Oman. Meet with local weavers and haggle for their wares. On our way back to Nizwa, we will stop at Misfat Al Abrein, a picturesque village strapped on to the side of a mountain. As you walk around this beautiful village where time has come to a standstill, you will be moved by the simplicity and friendliness of the people. Return to Nizwa and check-In at hotel. After a time of relaxation and dinner (own arrangements) at the hotel we take a stroll through the beautifully illuminated down town. The town is still a bustling centre for crafts and the silver souq is the best in Oman. Feel free to mingle with the crowd and let the Omani ambience take hold of you. Overnight at Golden Tulip Nizwa Hotel.
( Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner)
DAY 03 NIZWA – WAHIBA – SUR
After breakfast, we drive to the Golden undulating sand of the Wahiba. Indulge in dune bashing. Visit some Bedouin settlement. Later, we drive through interesting sights and as the Omani ambience takes hold, we will head into the mountains looking for that long lost “Shangri-La”, Wadi Bani Khalid. Here we will find an oasis of clear running waters and verdant plant life, a veritable heaven on earth. Enjoy a picnic lunch with a swim at Wadi Bani Khalid. We then head to Sur, the old East Africa Port. Visit dhow yards where you might see dhows are still being made by hand. Visit a typical Omani village. Overnight at Hotel.
(Breakfast, Packed lunch)
DAY 04 : SUR – COASTAL ROAD – MUSCAT
After breakfast we drive towards the coast. First stop is a at Qalhat where you will find the Tomb of Bibi Miriam, the only building left standing after the town was razed by the Portuguese in 1507. From here it is a short hop to Wadi Shab/ Wadi Tiwi, for some sightseeing in a beautiful Wadi system, and on to Fins Beach, the white sandy beach. Then we visit the Bimah sinkhole, a geological formation of the karst topography and a scenic wonder, before we pass through some spectacular mountain scenery up the coast as we make our way back to Muscat. Overnight in Muscat
DAY 05 : DEPART MUSCUT
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your departure flight. (Breakfast)
• Accommodation as mentioned in the itinerary
• All transfers and tours in appropriate air-conditioned vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary
• Entry fees to forts and museums
• All meals as per itinerary
• Mineral water and soft drinks during excursions
• English speaking driver / guide
• Omani Tourist Visa
• All flights
• Personal Insurance
• Drinks and lunches/dinner except where mentioned
• Items of a personal nature
• Driver and guide gratuities
• Porterage at hotels and airports
• Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays, excess baggage, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, war, airline or hotel policies etc.
• For private transfers/ tours additional supplement will be applicable, On request.
• Minimum 02 passengers travelling together.
• All confirmation subject to availability at the time of booking.
• Surcharges applicable during high season and block out dates.
• Sightseeing and other transfers are on seat in coach basis
|Electricity||:||240 Volts, 50 Hz|
|The Best Months To Visit||:||Mid October to Mid March|
|Location||:||South east coast of Arabian Peninsula|
|Language||:||Official language is Arabic.|
|Flying Time||:||02 Hrs 45 mins|
|Time Difference||:||1.30 Hrs behind|