CAIRO – ASWAN – NILE CRUISE – LUXOR
Arrive Cairo also called ” The City of Thousand Minarets” and transfer to the hotel. Day is at leisure to explore the city on your own. Overnight stay at the hotel.DAY 02 : CAIRO – OVERNIGHT TRAIN TO ASWAN
Breakfast at the hotel. Depart for a full day tour of Cairo visiting the The Great Pyramid of Giza which houses the two mortuary temples in honor of Khufu, three smaller pyramids for Khufu`s wives. The Sphinx which has a head of a man and the body of a lion. The Egyptian Museum which has the world`s largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts (more than 145,000 items on display) featuring the famous Tutankhamen collection with its beautiful gold death mask and sarcophagus and the royal Mummy room, which houses an additional eleven Pharaonic dignitaries. Khan El- Khalili Bazaar reputed to be the largest bazaar, is a labyrinth of narrow streets with stalls selling all sort of things from woodwork, glassware and leather goods to perfumes, fabrics and Pharaonic Curiosities. In the Evening transfer to station for sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan. Dinner & overnight on board the train.
(Breakfast)DAY 03 : NILE CRUISE
Breakfast on board the train. Upon arrival transfer to Nile Cruise to drop luggage, then proceed for Felucca ride around the temple – Philae Temple dedicated to Goddess Isis and constructed on the beautiful island of Philae. Lunch on board. In the evening, sail to Kom Ombo and visit the temple of Kom Ombo dedicated to two gods, and the entire temple holds two perfectly symmetrical sections. Sail to Edfu. Dinner and overnight stay on-board the cruise.
(Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner)
DAY 04 : NILE CRUISE
Breakfast onboard and visit the Edfu temple. Edfu was the 2nd name of Upper Egypt and the centre of the cult of a triad of Gods, which consisted of Horus of Behdet, Hathor, and their son, Hor-Sama- Tawy. Sail to Esna. Lunch on board. Sail to Luxor according to the opening of Esna lock. Dinner & overnight stay on-board the cruise.
(Breakfast, lunch, Dinner)
DAY 05 : NILE CRUISE
Breakfast onboard and visit the West Bank including the Valley of the Kings. The first king of the New Kingdom, Ahmose of the 18th Dynasty, built a pyramid-like structure at Abydos, which may or may not have been his original tomb the Valley, known as Biban el-Muluk. Hatshepsut Temple, the mortuary temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the Queen`s architect, Senenmut, designed it and set it at the head of a valley overshadowed by the Peak of the Thebes, the “Lover of Silence,” where lived the goddess who presided over the necropolis. Colossi of Memnon, the two, gigantic figures of Amenhotep III were originally situated in front of his Mortuary temple which was destroyed for unknown reasons. Lunch on board & afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay on-board the cruise.
(Breakfast, lunch, Dinner)
DAY 06 : NILE CRUISE – LUXOR – OVERNIGHT TRAIN TO CAIRO
Disembark the cruise after breakfast. Checkout and proceed for a half day tour to visit the Karnak temple, this great Temple of Amon Ra was known during the Middle Kingdom period as Ipt-Swt, which means the Selected Spot. It was also called Pr-Imn, which means the House of Amon. Luxor temple, the Temple of Luxor is among the most beautiful temples in Egypt. It was known in the New Kingdom period as Ipt-Rsyt, which means the southern shrine. This was to differentiate between this Temple and Karnak Temple, which was the northern house of Amon Ra. After sightseeing transfer to the railway station for overnight train to Cairo. Dinner and overnight stay on- board the train.
(Breakfast, lunch, Dinner)
DAY 07 : CAIRO
Breakfast on board the train. Upon arrival in Cairo, transfer to the hotel. Day is free to explore the city on your own. Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 08 : DEPART CAIRO
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
• All Transfer (Cairo, Aswan, and Luxor) by air conditioned vehicles.
• 02 Nights accommodation in Cairo on bed and breakfast basis
• 03 Nights Nile Cruise on Full Board Basis, including all sightseeing tours as per the itinerary
• 01 night sleeper train Cairo – Aswan on Half Board basis
• 01 night sleeper train Luxor – Cairo on Half Board basis
• Full Day Tour to Cairo
• English speaking Local Guide
• All flights & visas
• Personal Insurance
• Drinks and lunches/dinner except where mentioned
• Items of a personal nature
• Driver and guide gratuities
• Porterage at hotels and airports
• Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays, excess baggage, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, war, airline or hotel policies etc.
• For private transfers/ tours additional supplement will be applicable, On request.
• Minimum 02 passengers travelling together.
• All confirmation subject to availability at the time of booking.
• Surcharges applicable during high season and block out dates.
• The Majority of the Nile Cruise sailing schedule : Every Wednesday & Friday for 03 Nights Ex. Aswan
• Nile Cruise itinerary might be slightly amended due to sailing conditions, but all visits included will be respected
QUICK INFORMATION :
|Location||:||North of the African Continent|
|Electricity||:||220 Volts AC, 50Hz|
|Currency||:||Egyptian Pound, EGP. EGP 1 = 100 piastres. Notes: EGP 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 25, 50 piastres. Coins: Coins are no longer in common use in Egypt|
|Religion||:||Islam is the predominant religion. All types of Christianity are also represented, especially the Coptic Christian Church|
|The Best Months To Visit||:||October to April|
|Language||:||Official language – Arabic. English and French are widely spoken|
|Flying Time||:||8.30 Hrs|
|Time Difference||:||3.30 Hrs behind|